Freedom Forum - Administrative Manager
The Freedom Forum works to raise awareness of First Amendment freedoms through education, advocacy and action with a vision of an America where everyone knows, understands, values and defends the freedoms of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition.
The Administrative Manager, who reports to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer and Treasurer, will serve three primary functions: serve as liaison to the Freedom Forum’s Boards, including preparing Board materials and communications; oversee special projects, such as recommendations on office management systems; and provide administrative support like managing contracts.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. We require a highly motivated, experienced administrator with excellent communication and board management skills. We are seeking someone who is trustworthy, able to stay organized with competing priorities, and can bring creativity and passion to this work.
- General Support: Collaborate and work closely with administrative team members and assist on various projects by providing general support, maintain and oversee administrative calendar, filter and forward communications to proper individuals and departments, and communicate and coordinate with Freedom Forum staff, including senior leadership.
- Manage Contracts: Assist CFO/CAO and Treasurer with managing and monitoring the review process of contractual agreements across the organization, and work closely with a variety of partners and vendors.
- Develop and Manage Systems: Coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes; manage and schedule administrative meetings, including on-site meetings; audit practices to ensure best administration of department’s practices; identify opportunities for cost savings, better efficiency, and other improvements.
- Financial Management: Assist with organizing and entering AP invoices; Assist VP/Operations to ensure properly maintained and secured facilities in DC and MD.
- Liaison to Boards: Serve as liaison to the Boards of Trustees on all board and committee meetings.
- Communications: Prepare and send communications to Board as directed by CFO/CAO and Treasurer, and assist CFO/CAO and Treasurer with regular communications to Board members.
- Scheduling and Calendar Management: Coordinate planning and execution of quarterly board meetings (Freedom Forum, Newseum and Freedom Forum Institute) and monthly Finance and Executive Committee meetings as directed by CFO/CAO and Treasurer; manage and arrange travel logistics, as needed, for Board of Trustee members and prepare other logistics for meetings.
- Expense Tracking: Process expenses and invoices related to Boards
Special Projects Responsibilities
- Office Workspace Management: Help develop systems for new office workspaces and assist with office space relocations.
- General Support: Oversee special project needs and track projects toward organizational goals; monitor deadlines and ensure they are met.
- Technology Support: Maintain, implement and improve technology solutions, processes and schedules that keep work flowing
- Administrative Policies and Reports: Recommend policy or process changes as appropriate and create, prepare and deliver reports as needed.
We are seeking an administrator with at least 5-7 years of experience, who excels in executive-level administrative support, paying attention to details, managing systems, and oral and written communications.
- Strong Administrative Skills. You have exceptional planning, organizing and administrative skills, specifically in establishing and maintaining procedures and processes. You are a natural problem-solver, willing to initiate and lead.
- Experience Working with Boards and Executives: You are confidential and trustworthy, with sharp analytic and critical thinking skills. You are experienced in navigating conflict resolution, diplomacy and interpersonal relationships in a professional setting. You must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to changing priorities.
- Systems-Oriented and Highly Organized: You must be highly organized and have a keen attention to detail, as well as be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software. Experience working with Diligent or other board management software is a plus.
Location: This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Salary: $90,000 plus benefits.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group, please contact email@example.com with questions.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.