Good Energy - Client Success Specialist
We empower local governments to lead the clean energy transition by transforming the electricity supply. You engage with City and Town clients to plan and execute our service delivery.
Good Energy, LP seeks candidates for the position of “Client Success Specialist”, to oversee management of daily and long term tasks and assist with client engagement for our Community Electricity Aggregation (CEA) programs in New England.
Also known as “municipal aggregation”, CEA programs are a powerful tool for cities and towns to decarbonize and combat climate change while controlling costs for their community. Good Energy runs these programs on behalf of city and town governments.
This position is an opportunity to engage with and guide municipal decision-makers in this critical area, while learning from experienced electricity-market professionals. In addition to the specific job areas below, Good Energy encourages this position to contribute innovative ideas in all areas of our business.
- MANAGE CLIENTS: directly engage with clients to develop goals and timelines, provide updates on deliverables and program updates and educate on program fundamentals
- PROJECT MANAGE: oversee timelines and assign responsibilities for key milestones of aggregation plan development, program launch, electricity contract renewal, transitions to a new electricity contract and sweeps
- DEVELOP DOCUMENTS & MATERIALS: assist with creation of aggregation plans and lead development of presentations and other outreach materials for client programs
- INTEGRATE WITH TEAM SPECIALISTS: collaborate with team members as needed for their input in specific areas of expertise: innovation and renewable energy; procurement and data; graphic design, etc.
This position may work remotely and out of Good Energy’s Boston office as desired. The applicant must live in Massachusetts or Rhode Island, and must be able to attend client meetings, particularly in Eastern MA. The New England team is supported by a robust central services staff in our New York City headquarters.
This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment, with professionals who are committed to empowering local governments to lead the clean energy transition while procuring affordable electricity for their communities.
ABOUT GOOD ENERGY
Good Energy is a leading Community Electricity Aggregation (CEA) consultant, operating programs on behalf of city or town governments. Through CEA programs, cities and towns choose the type, source and price of electricity that supplies their community. We structure electricity procurements that help communities manage cost and support clean energy.
Nationwide, Good Energy operates over 200 CEA programs in five states. The New England team currently works with over 50 cities and towns in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, with over 1 million households enrolled in our programs. Good Energy pioneered the green aggregation model in Massachusetts, which is helping to accelerate the growth of clean energy in our region.
Sample CEA programs managed by Good Energy New England team:
- CEA Plan in Development: Medfield Community Electricity: electricity.medfield.net
- Active CEA Programs: Melrose Community Power: mcp.cityofmelrose.org, Brookline Green Electricity: brooklinegreen.com
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Examples of core duties are listed below. In addition to these core duties, Good Energy welcomes applicants that desire to propose and pursue innovative ideas and strategies for our CEA programs.
- Learn existing team processes for major project deliverables that encompass the lifecycle of a CEA program: 1) CEA Plan development, 2) CEA Program launch, 3) bidding a renewal electricity contract for CEA Program, 4) transitioning to a new supplier for a CEA program and 5) sweeping new accounts into the active CEA program
- Oversee the delivery of the major project deliverables including assigning responsibilities and ensuring adherence to deadlines (expect to use Monday.com as primary tool)
- As you gain experience, identify, propose and document improvements to the processes for the major project deliverables above
- Provide clients updates on program status, present proposed plans/timelines for upcoming deliverables and revise based on client feedback. Include Good Energy team members as needed based on their areas of expertise.
- Participate in phone/video calls and in-person meetings with clients to provide updates on program status, new developments that affect the CEA program
- Assist with drafting and editing the CEA Plans
- Lead development and presentation of client presentations, website and graphics (with support of central staff), and other education and outreach materials such as flyers, posters, etc.
- Manage and periodically update internal client database
Local travel within MA and RI and occasional evening meetings are a responsibility for this position. This position will report to the Director of Innovation, New England.
The applicant must have all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree OR minimum two (2) years experience in project management work or local government
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, using and improving upon team-wide systems in place for task tracking, document organization and communication
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral, narrative and public presentation skills
- Project or team management experience
- Experience with G-Suite programs for collaboration (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to develop strategic campaign timelines and objectives
- Excellent oral, narrative and public presentation skills
The following qualities are strongly preferred:
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for combating climate change and having a positive impact in communities
- Experience in and/or strong desire to learn about the electricity and renewable energy sectors
- Experience working in or with local government
- Experience with and/or strong desire to learn managing websites using website builders (i.e. no coding)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, salaried position, $65,000 - $75,000 commensurate with experience. Good Energy offers competitive benefits as described below.
- Health Insurance to include Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care costs
- Transit Benefits accounts for public transit and parking costs
- Retirement savings plans (401(k))
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) - Personal, Sick, Vacation, etc