AMA - High School Teacher
High School Teacher (ELA, Math, History)
Our Model and Mission
Academy of Media Arts believes that learning best occurs in a context that is authentic, relevant, personalized and structured. AMA is committed to creating an environment that merges science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) into a cultivating bridge for new media arts and related areas of career development opportunities within the digital age.
The ideal candidate will embody the following leadership characteristics:
- Core Knowledge: Strong teaching pedagogy and content knowledge around effective teaching strategies and professional development implementation. The capacity to plan and deliver highly effective and efficient instruction to meet the needs of all scholars.
- Core Skills: Alignment with AMA’s academic model, based on Project-Based Learning (PBL), Culturally Responsive Teaching, Blended Learning, and Career Technical Education.
- Core Mindset: Servant leadership with the ability to motivate AMA’s scholars to possess the commitment, grit, accountability, and creativity to succeed with AMA’s instructional model.
An AMA Teacher…
- Embodies the mindset of a confident, compassionate, and culturally responsive leader willing and able to anticipate the needs of diverse scholars
- Models a growth mindset mentality and love for learning
- Collaborates and communicates with scholars, their families, colleagues, and other stakeholders
- Practices a facilitative teaching style that develops scholars into independent learners
- Creates a safe and nurturing environment for all scholars
- Maintains high expectations and accountability for data-driven results
- Provides differentiated instruction and creates an environment where every student can succeed
- Keeps abreast of current events and developments in educational innovation and research, and incorporates them into lesson planning to the extent possible
- Engages in backwards-design curriculum construction
- Implements student-centered lessons that incorporate the AMA definition of an educated person and emphasize active learning strategies, project-based learning, and blended learning
- Develops, implements, and responds formal and informal assessments to continually assess the progress of scholars
- Adheres to all professional expectations as an educator and school leader including punctuality, responsibility, and collaborative planning tutoring students, and other duties that may be assigned
- Draws on knowledge of instructional approaches necessary to guide students to learn 21st-century skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Maintains digital fluency in the quickly evolving world of educational technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. required (in the content area or related degree preferred)
- Masters Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience teaching middle or high school students, preferably in a Title I setting
- Valid CA Single-Subject Credential in the content area (intern, preliminary, or clear) preferred
- Experience successfully implementing project-based learning preferred
- Bilingualism preferred
Highly competitive salary and benefits package; salary is commensurate with education and experience.
All AMA teachers receive $7,500 worth of project-based learning training and coaching as part of their professional development support.
An offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check and TB test. AMA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of AMA to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.