Clean Yield - Operations and Reconciliation Manager
Clean Yield is a small investment management firm that uses the tools of investment to promote a more just, inclusive, and sustainable world. Since 1984, we have served progressive investors to meet their financial goals through investments that reflect their values. We build custom portfolios that actively channel dollars to investments that meet Clean Yield’s environmental and social criteria and engage with companies we invest in to push for change in the areas of equity and inclusion, racial justice, climate change, democracy, and reproductive rights. We also direct capital to small and growing companies with outsized impact, as well as to a range of community investment funds. We are committed to the belief that capital can be a force for good. Clean Yield is a certified B Corp and a Vermont Benefit Corporation.
We believe that one’s work should contribute to a well-rounded life but should not define it. We offer a range of benefits, including remote work (employees can work from anywhere in the US), flexible scheduling (employees can set their own schedule as long as they are available for a few set meetings a week), generous healthcare and retirement benefits, and a fitness reimbursement program.
Clean Yield seeks to add a Operations and Reconciliation Manager as a key member of our team. The Operations and Reconciliation Manager will be a member of the operations team and responsible for maintenance, reconciliation, and quality control of all investment-related data in our portfolio management and reporting system. This will include data related to both public securities and private impact investments and will ensure the integrity of account management, portfolio performance reporting, and tracking of Clean Yield impact investments.
The Operations and Reconciliation Manager will:
- Work intensively with our portfolio management and reporting software (Black Diamond), financial custodians (primarily Charles Schwab and Millennium Trust), and data providers (ByAll Accounts) to ensure data feeds are reconciled, accurate, and complete.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for portfolio management software set up, data flow, and reporting.
- Maintain a variety of securities-related data in our portfolio management system, including security classifications, performance composites, and client cost basis.
- Reconcile new and existing impact investments, including interest payments, cost basis, capital calls, returns of capital, and all related transactions.
- Maintain valuations, net asset values, and yields for impact investments within portfolio management and reporting software and with custodians.
- Retrieve and file monthly/quarterly statements from custodians and private impact investments and conduct review of quarterly reports.
- Track maturing securities and communicate with portfolio managers about renewals and/or payouts.
- Serve as a member of the operations team and provide backup coverage for back-office functions as needed.
- Experience reconciling and maintaining large financial data sets.
- Thorough understanding of investments, including transaction types, cost basis, and performance reporting.
- Experience working with portfolio management/accounting software. Experience using Advent/Black Diamond, Schwab Advisor Center, or Millennium Trust is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Interest in socially responsible and impact investing.
- An understanding of the importance of and a commitment to managing the compliance, security, and privacy concerns involved in working with personal and financial data.
- Success working with teams – ideally including remote teams.
Working Hours: Full time. The employee in this position will be expected to attend a minimum of two regularly scheduled meetings a week but will be otherwise free to manage their work hours as suits them. Flexible work arrangements should be discussed with the relevant manager.
Location: This can be a remote work position; applicants can be based anywhere in the US and must be eligible to work in the US.
Reporting Structure: This role will work closely with operations staff and will be supervised by a Clean Yield partner.
Onboarding: Clean Yield offers an onboarding program that will focus on Clean Yield’s compliance and technology functions as well as providing information about our industry and advocacy. The Operations and Reconciliation Manager will have the opportunity to attend conferences, read curated books and articles, and take classes to gain familiarity and comfort with our work.
Start Date: February 2023
Benefits: Clean Yield supports employees with generous benefits. Benefits include:
- 100% employer-covered health insurance, including family coverage
- 401K Plan with 4% employer contribution (employees are not required to contribute)
- Short-term/long-term Disability
- Professional development - Clean Yield reimburses job-related course work or certification and pays for relevant books and conference attendance expenses.
- Paid time off - Clean Yield offers 21 days per year of PTO to full-time employees. This increases to 25 days after four years with the organization.
- Paid family leave - Clean Yield offers 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Fitness expense reimbursement up to $1,500 per year
- Paid time off for volunteering
Travel: Some travel may be required. This could include visiting the Clean Yield office in Norwich, VT (if working remotely) or attending Clean Yield staff retreats. We anticipate that travel could be as frequent as 3-4 times per year for 2-3 days each trip. We recognize that travel can present difficulties for some people and are happy to accommodate individual circumstances when possible.
About Clean Yield: Clean Yield is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm working exclusively with social investors. Since our founding in 1984, our goal has been to invest to promote a sustainable society while achieving competitive financial returns. Our hallmark is working closely with our clients to ensure that we are responsive to their unique financial requirements and personal values.
Clean Yield Asset Management is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), family status, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Women and candidates of color are especially encouraged to apply.
We value diversity and strive to be an organization that is both equitable and inclusive. We recognize the harm that our industry, financial services, has caused and continues to cause to Black people and marginalized communities. We are also aware of the ways we have benefited from unearned privilege. We seek to repair these harms and use our influence to deconstruct racist systems. We believe that we can be most successful in our work when more diverse voices and viewpoints are a thriving part of our team. We are actively seeking to build a workplace that includes and values people from traditionally marginalized communities.
This search is being led by NRG Consulting Group. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.