TransLash Media - Director of Finance
TransLash Media is looking for an experienced Director of Finance to play a critical role in leading and managing the financial activities that support our mission and organizational goals. In this role, you will be responsible for directing and reporting on the organization’s financial planning and strategy, overseeing audit and tax functions, developing and implementing accounting policies and systems, preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets as well as reviewing organizational budgets.
This is a fully remote full-time salaried non-exempt position that will report directly to the CEO. There will be a 90-day probation period to determine the right fit.
Location: Remote, US.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Experience in working with historically marginalized communities specifically TGNC, those who are Black and brown, and neurodivergent with an emphasis on a people-centered approach to work;
- Highly organized;
- Comfortable with communicating their questions and needs, working capacity, and boundaries;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Ability to think strategically and execute efficiently; proactively anticipate issues, collect information, problem solve and suggest appropriate recommendations that will benefit the organization;
- Be detail oriented while emphasizing accuracy and excellence;
- Ability to communicate succinctly;
- Experience with working and communicating remotely (Google Workspace, Slack, Google Meet);
- A positive, friendly attitude with the ability to forge relationships;
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
And the ability to:
- State needs clearly, firmly, and diplomatically;
- Be patient;
- Work within a startup culture while building systems;
- Say and hear “I don’t know,” “I don’t understand” or “I am not able to” without fear of being judged or diminished;
- Teach new skills when required so that people can understand;
- Trust our team and that each member starts from a place of care and good intentions;
- Laugh and have a good time.
- Provide financial oversight for the organization and be responsible for the entire range of financial management, from daily operations to high-level management;
- Oversee the annual finance planning/budgeting processes and prepare the annual operating budget;
- Work with staff and board to develop/implement program and organizational budgets;
- Prepare monthly profit/loss, balance sheet and cash flow financial statements;
- Monitor, interpret and present financial results of operations and programs each month;
- Serve as financial liaison with the board, providing financial reports and presentations as necessary;
- Coordinate the annual audit with an independent CPA and prepare the IRS 990 form;
- Oversee licensing, Secretary of State reporting, annual property tax exemptions, insurance and reporting requirements;
- Oversee payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits including PTO accrual and retirement plans;
- Complete monthly contractor invoice entry and payment disbursement;
- Create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies and procedures;
- Ensure efficient functioning and documentation for all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billing, bookkeeping, budgeting and accounting;
- Oversee accounts receivable and payable;
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for foundation grants and track reporting of foundation project/program budgets and expenditures;
- Work with the leadership team for timely grant proposals and grant report submissions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of financial management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, budgeting, and reporting;
- Experience with grants management and compliance for non-profit organizations;
- Proven ability to lead and develop finance teams effectively;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in financial software applications and tools;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders;
- Full proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides, as well as Slack and Asana;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills.
$120,000 plus benefits.
This search is being led by NRG Consulting Group. Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions.